Local government elections (KOV) will take place in autumn 2021. In order to increase the quality of the discussion and develop critical thinking and argumentation skills, Estonian Debating Society, in cooperation with Praxis Centre for Policy Studies Foundation and the The Estonian National Youth Council, conducts a civic education project
“Local issues to the center of local elections”.
The project focuses on helping people make better informed decisions during elections and also supporting the following of Good Election Practices.
What shall we do?
- In cooperation with Praxis, we create communicative instructions to explain the tasks of local government;
- in cooperation with Eesti Päevaleht, we publish fact-controls on the pre-election public debate;
- We will develop guidance material for local media to facilitate good election practice;
- We conduct trainings for students;
- We develop teaching materials that teachers can use during the elections and after the project is over.
"Working together for a green, competitive and inclusive Europe"
ACF Fund operator in Estonia is Open Estonia Foundation in cooperation with the Network of Estonian Nonprofit Organizations (NENO)